Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Grow Follicles, Grow!

Where am I at right now in IUI cycle #1?

I am on CD 9, and that means this is the last dosage of Clomid for this cycle. Woohoo. I haven't slept much at night due to hot flashes. I have hot flashes basically all day. I haven't had as many emotional up's and down's this time on Clomid, which is good. I have been having some killer headaches, but I don't know if it's from the pollen or the meds.

Tomorrow and Thursday I get the day off from all meds. But I won't forget what I have on the schedule for this weekend. It's OPERATION GET PREGNANT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! I am really excited, and really nervous. I have never been so happy to have a 3 day weekend in my life.

Right now my body is growing the egg(s) in the follicles, What are follicles you ask?
Prior to ovulation, follicles help in the process of an egg becoming mature. At ovulation, a follicle will rupture to release a mature egg in hopes of becoming fertilized, after which it helps in the early stages of supporting a pregnancy. 

Grow follies Grow! The suspense is exciting, this is the closest we have ever come!

Here's the fun fact of the day!

2 comments:

  1. GL!! FX for a successful Operation Get Pregnant Memorial Day Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Operation Get Pregnant Memorial Day Weekend is too cute :)

    Feel free to borrow my chant (Grow, Follies, grow! Not too fast, not too slow. Grow, Follies, grow!) lol I have been chanting that nonstop leading up to my IUI tomorrow!!! Good luck to you!!! Grow, Follies, GROW!!

    ReplyDelete