Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 5 Is Here






Today is day 5 of my cycle, usually day 5 is when I am happiest because that means my period is over. Today it's different, I feel excited, overjoyed, and nervous to be taking the next step in this cycle. I start CLOMID today! I take 2 pills (50mg each) per day for 5 days. So that means Cycle days 5-9. Then I will have Weds and Thursday off. Next weekend I will most likely go to monitoring Friday and Sat, with my IUI hopefully happening Sunday. I really hope this is a good experience because my husband will be off work and we won't feel rushed through the procedure.

What is Clomid: Clomid is an oral medication that can be used to stimulate ovulation. It works by blocking estrogen receptors at the hypothalamus, which is an important "hormonal control center" for the body. When this happens, the hypothalamus is stimulated to release follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and luteinizing hormone (LH). These are the naturally occurring ovarian stimulants, which prompt ovulation in a normal cycle.

I have taken Clomid a few times before, and I tend to get very irritable. So good luck to all my besties who get to be around me this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment