Monday, June 17, 2013

Last Call

So today 7 years ago was the time I ever spoke to my grandpa, the day after Father's Day. I guess it was around 4:30pm, it was raining I was driving. I wish I would've known when I hung up that phone that it was going to be the last time I heard his words. I would have listened forever. I am blessed because I knew him, I was blessed because I got so much time with him. During my drive home that afternoon from the time I hung up till I pulled into my neighborhood it was approximately 35 mins. My life was forever changed. My grandpa suffered a stroke and was taken via helicopter to the hospital. He hung on for a while, but unfortunately he never woke up. My grandpa was the most gentle, understanding, funny, goofy, handsome, and warm hearted individual. I am who I am because of him. I get my humor from him. I wish he was here because in times when I felt defeated, he always had a way of making sense of it. I know he is looking down, and he still comforts my soul. I will never forget that last call.




I had a really nice weekend. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends that we were willing to spend time with us. They took the time to make me laugh and smile. By Sunday I was for sure ready to just move forward in cycle #2.

I plan on having a great week because my brother comes home Weds! Which is such a blessing. I hope he is healed and strong enough to deal with life's temptations. Then we are going out of town Friday. Not sure where yet.

This week I want to focus on getting the house organized in tip top shape. We are moving on Sept 1st so I was things in order so it's easier to pack! I also want to become more active, taking nightly walks, going to the gym, because I want to be able to stay active if/when I become pregnant.

When I emailed my RE Friday to tell them that I got my BFN, my main favorite nurse was out of the office. That was a real bummer. Well this morning I got this encouraging email from her.

Hi Sarah,

 

I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know that I am all up to date with the plan for your next cycle.

 

I’m so sorry to hear your test was negative, but do not get discouraged! I know this can be very emotionally taxing, but it does often take more than one try. So, on we go!

 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be here all week from 9-5.

 

GOOD LUCK! Talk to you soon,

Michal


No comments:

Post a Comment