Monday, August 22, 2011

Fair-Weather Friend


A friend who is only a friend when circumstances are pleasant or profitable. At the first sign of trouble, these capricious, disloyal friends will drop their relationship with you.

Usually a good friend to begin with that eventually takes advantage of a true friend and does not maintain the SAME loyalty and respect. Without an explation why, a fair weather friend may abandon a friendship altogether for superficial reasons or changes in moral beliefs without a care for nurturing fair dicussion. The exception is when that person needs something, they know they can still count on an "all weather friend"

This describes to a "t" what I am experiencing from my two closest friends. I feel very betrayed, alone, and just sad. It's ok though, I knew that they wouldn't understand me working 7 days a week, and what my goals are in doing so. But I didn't exspect for it to take a turn like this. The only thing I can do is stand up for myself, stay stong, and know that all the work I am putting in now will get me where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment